The Garage / Beat / Punk Rock record kicks off with the weirdest soundtrack to a car ad for a long while. Have Love Will Travel, the Richard Berry classic as mangled by the Sonics, must have helped shift a pile of Land Rovers. Stable-mates the Wailers are next up and out of their trees, a pretty good way to start any garage band selection. OK the Revels is a bit earlier, but a little weirdsville never hurt anyone. These Spiders are not from Mars, but from Japan, where they were doyens of the GS scene in the 60s, as indeed were our own spookily named Zombies, both here and even more so Stateside. The Wheels were from Belfast and you better believe it. We have three short sharp bursts of Punk Rock next and note that the version of Melody Lee by the Damned has never been out before. Finally we return to the garage, though this time for the 80s revival, kicking off with Billy Childish second group Thee Milkshakes and four tracks later their girlfriends the Delmonas. For four years in the early 80s these garage bands were the only people left standing up for real music by real men (& women) against a plethora of haircuts and trousers worn by men playing ironing boards. The Bugs - now they were a band that mysteriously came and went time for a fresh outing.
This product is also available in these versions:
Ace Records Sampler Volume 3 : Garage, Beat And Punk Rock (MP3), MP3 (£7.99)
- 01 Preview Have Love Will Travel - The Sonics
- 02 Preview Out Of Our Tree - The Wailers
- 03 Preview Foolish Woman - The Oxford Circle
- 04 Preview Sleepy Hollow - The Last Word
- 05 Preview Outta Reach - She
- 06 Preview Lie, Beg, Borrow And Steal - Mouse And The Traps
- 07 Preview Intoxica - The Revels
- 08 Preview Hey Boy - The Spiders
- 09 Preview Just Out Of Reach - The Zombies
- 10 Preview Bad Little Woman - The Wheels
- 11 Preview Electric Shares - The Radiators (From Space)
- 12 Preview Cosmonaut - Riff Raff
- 13 Preview Melody Lee - The Damned
- 14 Preview Out Of Control - Thee Milkshakes
- 15 Preview Miniskirt Blues - The Vibes
- 16 Preview Brand New Gun - Tall Boys
- 17 Preview I Can Only Give You Everything - Naz Nomad & The Nightmares
- 18 Preview C C Rider - The Delmonas
- 19 Preview Reaching My Head - The Prisoners
- 20 Preview It's About Time - The Bugs
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Ace Records, Such Close, Letchworth Garden City SG6 1JF, United Kingdom. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Ace Records, Such Close, Letchworth Garden City SG6 1JF, United Kingdom. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.