Doo wop / rock'n'roll is a real rollercoaster of a ride and baby this is rock'n'roll, but not necessarily as you know it. It is almost over before it starts with some advice for Dale Wright on the pitfalls of a showbiz career but, undeterred, the next 19 artists had it in them so it just had to come out. The Cadets, the Teen Queens, Curley Jim / Billey Rocks, Etta James, Joe Houston and Paul Peek are all rockin' in one dimension or another. Meanwhile Candy Rivers is doing the Mambo with her Falcons you have to have a mambo in there somewhere. There is some pretty intense stuff here, from Danny Boy's almost psychotic plea (in his best Elvis) for his baby to stay, through to Marvin Phillips and friend telling it like it is in a Bo Diddley style (dig that frantic guitar with matching vocal" break). Instrumentals are handled by the Jive-A-Tones in their best laid-back-in-the-Cramps-groove style and the incomparable Link Wray, the only man to appear on two compilations here. There is a moment's respite from all this wild man stuff with the Shields heartfelt plea Aw shucks You Cheated. But no cheating here this is all bona fide rockin' and doo woppin'. "
- 01 Preview That's Show Biz - Dale Wright & the Wright Guys
- 02 Preview Let's Rock'n'Roll - The Cadets
- 03 Preview The Bluebird, The Buzzard And The Oriole - Bobby Day
- 04 Preview Rock Everybody - The Teen Queens
- 05 Preview Wild Bird - The Jive-A-Tones
- 06 Preview Three Months To Kill - Huelyn Duvall
- 07 Preview You Cheated - The Slades
- 08 Preview Honey Love - The Jayos
- 09 Preview Wow-Wow Baby - The Searchers
- 10 Preview Don't Go Pretty Baby - Danny Boy
- 11 Preview Rock'n'Roll Itch - Curley Jim & The Billey Rocks
- 12 Preview Ain't That Right - Marvin & Johnny
- 13 Preview My Man aka He May Be Your Man - Dolly Cooper
- 14 Preview Cold Heart - The Penguins
- 15 Preview Jack The Ripper - Link Wray & His Ray Men
- 16 Preview '59 Volvo - Vernon Green & The Medallions
- 17 Preview Shortnin' Bread Rock - Etta James
- 18 Preview Mambo Baby To-Nite - Candy Rivers & The Falcons
- 19 Preview We're Gonna Rock'n'Roll - Joe Houston
- 20 Preview The Rock-A-Round - Paul Peek
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.