The material that the late Joe Tex cut for the Dial label was almost as influential as the Southern Soul recorded at Stax. Skinny Legs And All collects 24 of the great early sides he recorded there. Starting with 1962's Meet Me In Church and finishing with '69s Chicken Crazy, this CD takes in such lasting hits as Show Me, S.Y.S.L.J.F.M. (The Letter Song), Hold What You've Got, Skinny Legs And All and Men Are Gettin' Scarce, with the wrily delivered lines "Men are gettin' scarce /Scarcer than hen's teeth /And that's mighty scarce!"
- 01 Preview S.Y.S.L.J.F.M. (The Letter Song)
- 02 Preview The Love You Save (May Be Your Own)
- 03 Preview Show Me
- 04 Preview Hold What You've Got
- 05 Preview Heep See Few Know
- 06 Preview Someone To Take Your Place
- 07 Preview One Monkey Don't Stop No Show
- 08 Preview If Sugar Was As Sweet As You
- 09 Preview Meet Me In Church
- 10 Preview You Got What It Takes
- 11 Preview I Had A Good Home But I Left
- 12 Preview Don't Let Your Left Hand Know
- 13 Preview A Woman (Can Change A Man)
- 14 Preview Skinny Legs And All
- 15 Preview I Want To (Do Everything For You)
- 16 Preview A Sweet Woman Like You
- 17 Preview I Believe I'm Gonna Make It
- 18 Preview Men Are Gettin' Scarce
- 19 Preview I'm A Man
- 20 Preview I've Got To Do A Little Bit Better
- 21 Preview Papa Was, Too
- 22 Preview Watch The One
- 23 Preview The Truest Woman In The World
- 24 Preview Chicken Crazy
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: email@example.com ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.