Those of you who remember Ace's Jiving Jamboree CD, released in 1995, will be delighted to find Jumpin' & Jivin', a compilation of 25 jump blues sides and compiled by the famed US producer Billy Vera. Vera has drawn together jump sides from opposite sides of the US-.-Specialty Records on the West Coast and Prestige on the East Coast, spanning the genre's primary period of 1945-55. The difference between the two label's output demonstrates how South-western blues and modern jazz influenced this genre. Described in the sleevenotes as "An offshoot of swing, a precursor of rhythm & blues, a granddaddy of rock'n'roll and a parallel universe to bebop", jump encompasses a diverse range of influences. Check out vol 2 (CDCHD 706)
- 01 Preview Something's Goin' On In My Room - Daddy Cleanhead
- 02 Preview Tell It Like It Is - Roy Milton
- 03 Preview Lucy Brown - Duke Henderson
- 04 Preview Mad Lad Returns - Leo Parker
- 05 Preview Drink Up, Light Up - The Nelson Alexander Trio
- 06 Preview Baby, Don't Do That To Me - Roy Milton
- 07 Preview Sometimes - Amos Easton (Bumble Bee Slim)
- 08 Preview I Want My Baby (When The Rooster Crows) - Joe Turner
- 09 Preview Hep Cat Boogie - Jimmy Liggins & His Drops Of Joy
- 10 Preview Baby, You Don't Know - Roy Milton
- 11 Preview Red Top - King Pleasure/Annie Ross
- 12 Preview Ida Red - Amos Easton (Bumble Bee Slim)
- 13 Preview Cool Goofin' - Rudy Ferguson
- 14 Preview Wine Woogie - Marvin Phillips
- 15 Preview Twisted - King Pleasure/Annie Ross
- 16 Preview Tiny's Boogie - Amos Easton (Bumble Bee Slim)
- 17 Preview If You Don't Know - Roy Milton
- 18 Preview I Must Have Been An Ugly Baby - King Perry
- 19 Preview Stop Talkin', Start Walkin' - Eddie Jefferson
- 20 Preview Gonna Leave You Baby - Roy Milton
- 21 Preview Squattin' - Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis
- 22 Preview Hole In The Wall - Floyd Dixon
- 23 Preview Got A Penny, Benny? - Joe Carroll
- 24 Preview Make Me Know It - Roy Milton
- 25 Preview Moody's Mood For Love - King Pleasure
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: email@example.com including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.