This album should go down in history as one of the most important compilations ever released in the UK. Originally put together in 1974 by Charlie Gillett for his Oval Records label. Ace is now pleased to announce the reissue of this best selling album (together with some newly added tracks) featuring the best music from South Louisiana. It contains an endless zig-zag from the familiar to the surprising and back. Although many of the album's tracks are cover versions, its classic status results from recordings that don't follow expectations. Loosely described as a Cajun compilation, the discerning listener will also detect some Rhythm & Blues, Two-Steps and Waltzes all of which is dominated by Ace Records' favourite instrument- the accordion! This together with Charlie's new sleeve notes makes this the ideal compilation and forms a perfect introduction to the delight that is Cajun Classic Recordings From The Louisiana Bayous indeed!
- 01 Preview Before I Grow Too Old - Tommy McLain
- 02 Preview I'm A Lonesome Fugitive - Belton Richard
- 03 Preview Try To Find Another Man - Tommy McLain & Clint West
- 04 Preview Jole Blon - Vin Bruce
- 05 Preview I Cried - Cookie & The Cupcakes
- 06 Preview Oh Lucille - Belton Richard
- 07 Preview Who Needs You So Bad - Gary Walker
- 08 Preview Don't Mess With My Man - Margo White
- 09 Preview Opelousas Sostan - Rufus Jagneaux
- 10 Preview The Great Pretender - Cookie & the Cupcakes featuring Carol Fran
- 11 Preview Another Saturday Night - Clint West
- 12 Preview Another Sleepless Night - Belton Richard
- 13 Preview The Promised Land - Johnnie Allan
- 14 Preview Two Step De Bayou Teche - Austin Pitre
- 15 Preview Sweet Dreams - Tommy McLain
- 16 Preview Breaking Up Is Hard To Do - Cookie & His Cupcakes
- 17 Preview Laisser Les Cajuns Dancer - Belton Richard
- 18 Preview If You Want Good Lovin' - Donnie Jacobs
- 19 Preview Down Home Music - Rufus Jagneaux
- 20 Preview Georgie Lou - Cajun Gold
Delivery & ReturnsShow
We offer free P&P to UK addresses. For all other territories packaging is free and postage is charged on a weight basis.
We use Royal Mail First Class for UK deliveries and standard Air Mail for all other territories, very large orders will usually be sent via parcelforce. You may cancel your order at any time prior to your order being dispatched by emailing us at email@example.com ensuring that you quote your name, address and order reference number or by telephoning +44 (0) 208 453 1311 between 9am and 5pm GMT/BST, Monday to Friday. Please note: As music downloads are dispatched immediately after purchase, there is no possibility of cancelling these orders.
In the event that any products supplied to you by us are damaged or defective, we agree to replace or repair the damaged or defective products or refund the amount you paid for such goods (including postage & packaging) providing you notify us (either via post at or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ) and return the goods within 28 days of purchase. Physical goods should be sent back to us in the same condition you received them to: “Returns” Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the e-mail address above including a copy of your notification.
You have the right to cancel your order within seven days of purchase, or seven days of receipt of the goods (whichever is the longer). If you choose to cancel your order, full payment will be returned to you. Returned items should be sent to: “Returns” c/o Bus Stop Mail Order Ltd, 42-50 Steele Road, London, NW10 7AS. Music downloads should be returned to us via the email address: email@example.com including a copy of your notice of cancellation and order number.
“First issued in 1974 by the late DJ Charlie Gillett, before it was belatedly expanded: a heady flavour of Louisiana’s classic Cajun, rock ‘n’ roll and so-called “swamp pop”, with not a single bad track on it.” ★★★★★